Check out these five easy appetizers all made with cheddar cheese! Whether you’re celebrating or keeping things low-key at the holidays, every special meal should begin with tasty appetizers!
Christmas and New Year’s is obviously a time for giving so appetizers would almost certainly come under that category. Someone needs to make them and then give them to me! But seriously, this time of the year is a great time to serve up as many appetizers as you can come up with. Even if it’s just you and your family, appetizers are a fun way to snack on some delicious food that isn’t junk related.
All About these Five easy appetizers!
Making appetizers shouldn’t be hard and they shouldn’t have to take forever to make. If you’re making appetizers, then it’s probably safe to say that something nice is about to happen and you should be a part of it, not stuck in the kitchen making endless snacks for the family. That’s why these five easy appetizers, all made with cheddar cheese will make your life so much easier. Even though they all contain cheddar cheese, the varieties and flavors are so different, and that’s because Cabot Creamery Co-operative have so many award winning cheddar’s to choose from. I used my five favorites for these appetizer ideas but you could switch any of them up if you have a personal favorite. All of these easy appetizers take only minutes to make with minimal ingredients, simple and tasty is what we’re going for here. Check out Cabot’s new deli bars found in the specialized cheese section of your local grocery store!
Check out our salmon bites recipe.
Endive Leaves with Hummus and Roasted Garlic Cheddar
Endive is a member of the lettuce family and the leaves are easy to pick up and small enough to put the whole appetizer mouth at once! With a thin spread of hummus and a slice of Cabot Roasted Garlic Cheddar, this one won’t last long!
Toasted Baguette with Shaved Cheddar, Prosciutto and Green Olive
This is a two year old cheddar with a tangy taste and a lot of flavor. Great for just snacking or making the ultimate mac and cheese recipe!
Individual Salami, Cheddar and Melon Cups
These are perfect for people to snack on and keep multiple fingers away from your apps at the same time. With sliced salami, diced melon and Cabot Garlic Dill cheddar, they’re like a small meal. Topped with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
Cracked Peppercorn Cheddar Stuffed Dates
Dates are a classic appetizer and can be stuffed with lots of different things. They give the perfect balance of sweet and savory with melted peppercorn cheddar inside and drizzled with honey!
Spicy Copa Salami with Apple and Spicy Jack Cheddar
This might be my favorite being the appetizer with the most heat. The honey does balance the heat out though so your mouth doesn’t feel like its on fire. This spicy jack cheddar would be fantastic in Mac and cheese or to make the ultimate nachos!
more easy appetizers
Five Easy Appetizers with Cheddar Cheese
To make endive and hummus
- 2 small endive bulbs
- ½ cup hummus
- 1 8oz Roasted Garlic deli bar
Baguette and two year old cheddar
- 1 baguette, sliced into thin crostini's
- 1 8oz two year old cheddar deli bar
- 4 oz Prosciutto
- large green olives, pitted
Individual salami cups
- 1 8oz Garlic Dill cheddar deli bar
- cantaloupe melon diced
- 6 slices salami chopped
- olive oil for drizzling
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
Cracked peppercorn cheddar stuffed dates
- 8 oz dates
- 1 8oz Cracked Peppercorn deli bar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
Spicy Copa salami with apple
- 2 red apples diced into 1 inch cubes
- 4 oz Copa salami
- 1 8oz Spicy Jack deli bar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Spread some hummus on each endive leaf and add a thin slice of roasted garlic cheddar on top of the hummus.
- Toast your baguette slices in a hot oven until golden. Add a shaved slice of two year old cheddar and a pitted green olive
- Slice the garlic dill cheese into small cubes and add to a bowl. Add the diced melon and salami and toss. Place into individual small cups and drizzle with oil and pepper flakes.
- Discard the pit from each date and stuff with a small cube of cracked peppercorn cheddar. Place in a preheated 350° oven for 10 minutes. Drizzle with honey and chopped rosemary.
- Slice the apple into 1 inch dice along with the Spicy Jack cheddar. Place a slice of rolled up Copa salami onto a cocktail stick followed by an apple cube and cheddar cube. Drizzel with hone if desired.