This fully loaded fall salad is packed with tasty vegetables and grilled chicken.
This post is sponsored by Litehouse. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’m so excited for fall to be coming. Everything changes 180 degrees, the only thing I try to keep the same is to keep wearing shorts!
Weird I know but that’s pretty much my standard uniform choice for our awesome weather here in Southern California. One of the changes I love is the food choices for dinner. Everything becomes a little bit more comfort style. I’m all about slow-cooked meats and roasted veggies. That’s where the idea for this super-loaded fall salad came from.
I promise you beneath all of those epic flavors there actually is green leaf lettuce! So when Litehouse sent me a selection of their Certified Organic Salad Dressings, I was struggling to pick one because they all sound amazing. But their Rosemary Balsamic won me over because grilled chicken and balsamic is an awesome match and rosemary is my all time favorite herb. Another reason to love their Organic Dressings is the lack of high fructose corn syrup, MSG or artificial preservatives!
The salad is savory with a little sweetness from the candied pecans, figs and apples. It’s the perfect salad to make for a crowd, just find a giant bowl and stuff it to the top. And because It’s served cold, you can prep everything like the chicken and the veggies ahead of time. Drizzle your Litehouse Organic Salad Dressing on at the last minute and watch your crowd dive in. It’s such a powerhouse salad and would easily work as an entree. The chicken could be replaced with shrimp or thinly sliced steak!
You can find Litehouse Organic Salad Dressings in the refrigerated produce section of your local store, and because September is Organic Harvest Month, all Litehouse salad dressings are on sale!
Winner, winner chicken salad!
Fall Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 3 whole boneless chicken thighs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 small butternut squash
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 cups brussels sprouts
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup candied pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 whole red apple diced
- 1 whole green apple diced
- 4 whole figs sliced in half
- 1/2 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 bottle Litehouse Organic Rosemary Balsamic Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper and place them on a hot grill. Cook until no longer pink in the middle.
- Peel the butternut squash and then cut into small dice. Lay on a baking pan and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and black pepper. About 2 cups.
- Place the squash into the oven and roast until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the brussels sprouts by chopping the base off and cutting them in half.
- Transfer the sprouts to a baking pan and season with salt and black pepper. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Place the sprouts in the oven with the squash. They should be ready about the same time.
- Add the chopped lettuce to your favorite salad bowl or platter and begin to build the salad.
- Slice the chicken into strips and add on top of the lettuce along with the squash, sprouts, pecans, both apples, figs and pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle the Litehouse rosemary balsamic dressing over the salad and toss well making sure everything is lightly coated.
- Serve at once.