I think this Eggs Florentine Bagel is calling your name for Easter brunch! It’s stuffed with wilted baby kale and spinach, smoked salmon and a poached egg.
Eggs Florentine, it’s a thing!
Let’s talk about Easter. It’s coming up fast and brunch is going to be on a lot of peoples minds! But things don’t need to get complicated, let’s keep that for Easter dinner later in the day.
My ideal brunch must have eggs and I already love sandwiches. So it makes complete sense for me to make this ultra-filling Egg Florentine bagel stuffed with smoked salmon and wilted Taylor Farms Baby Kale and Spinach salad.
And that poached egg is the best! Once it pops it sort of creates a sauce that finds its way into the buttery salad leaves, and of course on your fingers but with a bagel like this, who cares? That’s why napkins were invented I guess.
I cooked the Baby Kale and Spinach leaves in butter for just a few quick minutes. That’s all it takes, I love them still with some rawness but wilted enough to taste so good and creamy.
Taylor Farms green salads are packed with nutrition, you can cook with them, add them to your salads like this Kale and Beet (linked) or just throw them in a blender along with the rest of your favorite smoothie ingredients for a quick and easy breakfast or lunch! Even after I wilted these down with some melted butter, they still tasted really fresh. Between the antioxidants and vitamins in the kale and the fiber and protein from the spinach, this is a total double whammy for the healthy you.
No brunch is complete without smoked salmon and toasted bagels, you can even try spreading some cream cheese on the bagel first, I can guarantee this might turn into your regular breakfast even when Easter has been and gone!
These baby kale and spinach leave some pre-washed for you so all there is to do is flip them open and eat! No fuss and that’s what Easter should be all about!
so relax, make some fresh coffee and wow the family with an epic Eggs Florentine bagel!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Taylor Farms. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own.
Eggs Florentine Bagel with Smoked Salmon
- 2 whole everything style bagels halved
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 whole pack Taylor Farms Baby Kale and Spinach Greens
- 6 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- 2 large eggs cracked into a cup or small bowl
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Slice and toast the bagels, set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium and add the green leaves.
- Cover with a lid and cook the greens for 2-3 minutes stirring once or twice until almost wilted.
- Season with some salt and black pepper then turn of the heat, keep covered.
- Add the vinegar to the boiling water and stir with a spoon vigorously creating a swirling motion in the water.
- Quickly drop the eggs into the water making sure they are separated from each other and cook for about 2 1/2 minutes, checking them with a slotted spoon. The whites should be cooked but with a soft yolk.
- Transfer the eggs to a paper towel while you construct the bagel. Lay a few slices on the bagel followed by the wilted greens.
- Top with a poached egg and finish with the other half of the bagel. Serve at once.