This thick and creamy Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino can be made quickly at home, and tastes just like (or better than) your favorite version from Starbucks!
Sayonara turkey, don’t let the door hit you on the way out!
Another Thanksgiving is done and dusted, and as one food door closes another one opens.
Peppermint and chocolate especially is just such a solid and awesome combination. It can take any shape or form, but one of my favorites is this insanely easy and quick Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino.
If you’re just tired of standing in line at your local Starbucks, especially over the holidays, then this is the drink for you. I enlisted the professional help of my 11 year old to get as close to the real thing as I could, so it’s passed some pretty rigorous testing. I drink straight coffee and skip the blended drinks, but my kid can score one as an extra special treat sometimes. Needless to say, she definitely knows her frapps.
She tasted it and swirled it around her mouth like she was taking her sommelier exam.
“It’s good Dad, but needs more chocolate”. You can never have enough chocolate, so I totally rolled with her critique.
Making a peppermint mocha frappuccino is quick and easy. I threw this together in my Vitamix, but any good high power blender will work just as well. The frapp isn’t too thick and has a nice creamy chocolate flavor that comes from the chocolate milk, cocoa and chocolate sauce – can you tell I followed my daughter’s advice on the flavor?
I suppose if you prefer it thicker, you could add more ice but then I’d call it a smoothie.
Adding a splash of Kahlua or Baileys would be highly recommended – if you try it, let me know how it tastes!
Easy Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
- 3 cups ice cubed or crushed
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp chocolate syrup extra for coating the glasses
- 1 tbsp smashed candy canes extra for garnishing
- 1/4 cup brewed cold black coffee
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped to soft peak
- In a blender add all of the ingredients except the heavy cream.
- Blend on high speed until well mixed and frothy.
- Pour into two tall glasses and place a dollop of the whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with some extra cocoa powder and crushed candy canes.
- Serve at once with straws and extra candy canes.