This thick and creamy Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino can be made quickly at home, and tastes just like (or better than) your favorite version from Starbucks!
Let’s talk peppermint since Christmas is all about it. Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Cake, Peppermint Creme Brûlée, and honestly peppermint anything! You can’t get away from it and honestly I’m okay with that, because I love all things peppermint!
Peppermint and chocolate especially is just such a solid and awesome combination. It can take any shape or form, but one of my favorites is this insanely easy and quick Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino. You can keep spending dollars on fancy Frappuccino’s from your favorite coffee shop. but try making this version at home and I guarantee you’ll love it!
what is a Frappuccino?
It’s a cream based coffee drink blended and served cold with ice and some other ingredients depending on the flavor of the Frappuccino. From caramel to chocolate, Frappuccino’s are popular in the summer and can also be topped with whipped cream and sauce. Fun fact- the word Frappuccino is trademarked by Starbucks, so you may see other coffee shops advertise their versions by calling them Frappe’s.
can I make my Frappuccino in a food processor?
I would not recommend making it this way as a food processor will not be able to break down the ice and blend the drink to be light and frothy. A high speed blender like a Vitamix is needed for best results.
can I leave the coffee out of the drink?
Yes, you can either leave it out completely or substitute it for decaf.
are Frappuccino’s healthy?
With high amounts of sugar and dairy, a Frappuccino is not the healthiest drink to be consuming. But like everything, moderation is key so a Frappuccino once in while is probably okay to have.
ingredients needed for your peppermint mocha Frappuccino
- Chocolate milk
- Condensed milk
- Half and half
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate syrup
- Heavy cream
Easy Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
- 3 cups ice cubed or crushed
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp chocolate syrup extra for coating the glasses
- 1 tbsp smashed candy canes extra for garnishing
- ¼ cup brewed cold black coffee
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped to soft peak
- In a blender add all of the ingredients except the heavy cream.
- Blend on high speed until well mixed and frothy.
- Pour into two tall glasses and place a dollop of the whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with some extra cocoa powder and crushed candy canes.
- Serve at once with straws and extra candy canes.