This dip has all of the flavors you’d expect from a good gumbo and it’s loaded with BUSH’S New Orleans Style Red Beans™, andouille sausage and big chunks of shrimp!
I always have my favorite choice of foods to eat whenever I can, and the variety can stretch far and wide but if you put some good home cooking from the South in front of me, you better step back and let me at it. Like this gumbo dip, it’s so easy to make and you’d swear that it had been on the stove slow cooking for hours and hours.
In actual fact it only takes about thirty minutes and makes enough to feed a good crowd which is good because it’ll disappear fast! It’s also a one-pot deal recipe so clean up is minimal. As well as having the standard gumbo ingredients like andouille sausage and shrimp, I add BUSH’S New Orleans Style Red Beans™. These beans are smoky, a little spicy and perfect for adding to any stew or casserole you might be making. Not only will they thicken it up and make it nice and rich, the garlic, onions and peppers will add to the flavor of the final dish!
MAKING YOUR GUMBO DIP.
This dip is perfect for football season, but like I mentioned before, it would be really smart to have another one in the oven as you put the first one out for your guests. The flavor is rich and smoky and that spicy Cajun flavor is amazing. I served the dip with thin slices of baguette. Just slice the baguette into thin rounds and place them on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper and toast in the oven for a few minutes. You could also use regular crackers or maybe some spicy New Orleans chips!
BUSH’S® Beans has lots of different beans to use depending on what you’re cooking, in fact they have just about every type of food accounted for that you could easily add any variety of beans to it, their choice is that wide. Some of my favorites lately have been the Southwestern Style Pinto Beans and Black Bean Fiesta Beans which are perfect for serving with our weekly taco dinner.
Make this creamy, outrageous and smoky dip asap but be ready for sad faces when it disappears in 10 minutes!
Easy Cajun Gumbo Dip
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 6 large shrimp, peeled and cut into 3 pieces per shrimp
- 1 12oz Andouille sausage, diced
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 15.3oz can BUSH’S New Orleans Style Red Beans™
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Fresh cilantro and parsley for garnishing
- In a large pan, melt the butter, and shallot together.
- Add the pepper, chopped shrimp, Andouille, salt, pepper, seasoning and BUSH’S® Beans and mix well.
- Add the cream cheese and cook until the cream cheese melts.
- Transfer the dip to an oven safe dish.
- In a small bow melt the 1 tbsp butter and add the panko breadcrumbs.
- Mix together then sprinkle over the dip
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes and the edges are bubbling.
- Garnish with parsley and/or cilantro and serve with toasted baguette slices