This fresh-tasting Cucumber and Cilantro Salad is perfect for an easy side dish or add a protein and call it dinner! With almost no calories and full of fresh vegetables, this is one of my favorite salads for summer
There’s nothing quite like the crunchy texture of a fresh, healthy cucumber salad. I think it almost tastes like a vegetable version of watermelon and it’s perfect for a hot summer day!
In my opinion, salads should be simple unless it’s a grain-based salad like my edamame and sesame rice salad, where the grain is heavy enough to support the extra ingredients you throw in. This Cucumber and Cilantro Salad has some red and yellow peppers for color and red pepper chili flakes to add a little spicy kick to it. The dressing is a super simple olive oil and lime juice blend.
Ingredients you’ll need for this salad
- Red and yellow bell peppers.
- Fresh cilantro
- Black pepper.
- Lime juice.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
FAQ’s about making cucumber cilantro salad
Yes, I recommend just having all of the vegetables ready to combine but do not add the dressing until you are ready to serve it.
It can and that’s why I like to scoop out the seeds of the cucumber and just use the firmer sides of the vegetable.
Grilled chicken would be good as would shrimp or scallops.
Cucumber and Cilantro Salad
- 2 large cucumbers washed and spiraled
- 3/4 cup fresh finely chopped cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
For The Dressing
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- Peel the cucumbers and slice off the ends.
- Cut each cucumber in half and then cut those pieces in half length ways.
- Using the tip of a small spoon, carefully scrape out the seeds from each half of cucumber.
- Slice the halves into 4 long pieces and then cut into dice. Add to a bowl.
- Add the chopped cilantro, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- In a separate smaller bowl whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the dressing to the cucumber mixture and toss gently but making sure to coat all of the cucumber.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve at once or store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.