This fresh-tasting Cucumber and Cilantro Salad is perfect for an easy side dish or add a protein and call it dinner!
There’s nothing quite like the crunchy texture of a fresh, healthy cucumber salad. I think it almost tastes like a vegetable version of watermelon. Perfect for a hot summer day and although it’s still only January here in California, some days are feeling like summer.
In my opinion, salads should be simple unless it’s a grain-based salad, where the grain is heavy enough to support the extra ingredients you throw in. This Cucumber and Cilantro Salad has some red and yellow peppers for color and red pepper chili flakes to add a little spicy kick to it. The dressing is a super simple olive oil and lime juice blend.
Ingredients you’ll need for this salad
- Red and yellow bell peppers.
- Fresh cilantro
- Black pepper.
- Lime juice.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
how to make cucumber salad with cilantro
- Prepping the vegetables
I chose to spiralize my cucumbers for this salad. It’s a little more fun to eat and is easy to do. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can just dice the cucumbers instead. Dice the peppers and cilantro and season.
- Make the dressing
The dressing is a simple mixture of fresh lime juice and extra virgin olive oil. Whisk or shake together in a mason jar and season with salt and pepper.
FAQ’s about making cucumber cilantro salad
Yes, I recommend just having all of the vegetables ready to combine but do not add the dressing until you are ready to serve it.
It can and that’s why I like to lay my cucumber spirals on a paper towel for 10 minutes. The towel will soak up any excess water.
Grilled chicken would be good as would shrimp or scallops.
No worries, you can just peel and dice the cucumber before adding to the salad with the other ingredients.
Cucumber and Cilantro Salad
- 3 large cucumber washed and spiraled
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 3/4 cup fresh finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
For The Dressing
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- Place the spiraled cucumber on some paper towels and let sit for 5 minutes to absorb any water.
- Add the cucumber noodles to a large bowl along with the diced red and yellow peppers.
- Add the chopped cilantro, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- In a separate smaller bowl whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the dressing to the cucumber noodles and toss gently but making sure to coat all of the cucumber.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve at once or store covered in the refrigerator.