This is day 3 of my 7 Days Of Salad Week, and I’m stoked to bring you one of my favorite chicken salads. If I had to use one word to describe this salad, it’d be fragrant. The smell that comes from this recipe just screams fresh mint, basil and cilantro. Healthy, delicious and perfect for New Years Resolutions.
Like most salads, this recipe doesn’t really follow any strict ratios. No matter how you make it you’ll love the taste. Add some chopped rotisserie chicken and it becomes a full-on main course salad. You could even switch up the chicken for sliced ahi tuna. It’s one of those salads that will make you sit back in your chair and lick your lips like a kitten when it’s gone.
The base for this salad is Nappa cabbage, also known as Chinese cabbage. After that, you can just let loose and add snap peas, beansprouts, peppers, finely chopped Thai chili’s and green onion. Don’t forget those fresh herbs! I know it’s three varieties and you might think that you don’t want leftover herbs in the fridge, but they’re the crux of this salad. If you do have leftover herbs, make this salad again…seriously.
Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad
- 6 leaves large Nappa cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup red pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup green pepper sliced
- 1 cup whole sugar snap peas
- 1 cup beansprouts
- 1 Tbsp Thai chili finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- For The Dressing:
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic sliced thinly
- 1 small red or green chili diced finely
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl whisk all of the dressing ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, place the shredded cabbage, peppers, snap peas, beansprouts and chili.
- Drizzle in some of the dressing to coat and toss gently.
- Add the fresh herbs, chicken, salt and pepper and a little more dressing.
- Toss again until everything is well coated in the dressing.
- Garnish each salad with some of the cashew nuts and serve at once.