These yummy cranberry white chocolate blondies are perfect for Christmas morning with some fresh hot coffee!
Right off the bat, I’ll tell you that these white chocolate blondies packed with juicy dried cranberries are good! As much as I love a traditional chocolate brownie, I’d probably choose blondies over them any day.
It’s the buttery brown sugar taste that gets me every time, and along with the white chocolate, they’re a complete win-win. If you’re a Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar lover, then you’ll get it. These are almost exactly like the bliss bar except these don’t have the frosting on top, just more white chocolate.
Like that’s a bad thing? I don’t think so.
Tips for making the best white chocolate blondies.
Make sure your butter is soft. If you forget to leave it sitting out on the counter like I do most of the time, a quick 7-10 seconds in the microwave will save you. Because if your butter isn’t soft it won’t cream properly when you mix it with the sugars and that can affect how airy your baking will be.
Once you start adding the eggs, don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula so that all of the ingredients are getting mixed together evenly.
Once you have the batter completely mixed, it’s time to add it to the pan. You’ll find that this is quite a stiff batter but try and press it outwards towards the edges of the pan before placing in the oven.
Decorating your white chocolate blondies.
I went with an easy (heavy) drizzle of melted white chocolate. It’s simple and the more white chocolate the better in my opinion! The sprinkle of powdered sugar is optional, but I like it purely for the holidays.
Storing the white chocolate blondies.
You can keep these in an airtight container on the countertop for 3-4 days. They’re really good when warmed in the microwave for 4-5 seconds. You could also freeze them for 1-2 months.
Here are some other holiday desserts you might like!
- Christmas Reindeer Cookies
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows
- Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Cake
Check out these handy tools you might need for this project!
Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup regular sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 1/4 cups white chocolate chips divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Using a stand mixer beat the butter and both sugars until light and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- On slow speed gradually add the flour mixture until well combined.
- Add the cranberries and 1 1/2 cups of the white chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread out evenly as possible.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center cleanly. These are moist blondies, if you prefer them a little more cakey, bake them a few minutes longer.
- Let cool while you melt the remaining white chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon or fork, drizzle the chocolate over the blondies.
- When the chocolate has set, slice into 12 even squares.