These light and fluffy Cranberry Dinner Rolls are perfect for placing down beside your turkey this year, and they make the best leftover turkey sandwiches!
No Thanksgiving dinner would be complete without some dinner rolls, am I right? You definitely need at least one on the side of your plate spread with butter and ready to be used either as a mini turkey sandwich or just to help mop up all of that delicious turkey gravy! My ideal dinner roll needs to be soft and chewy with a hint of sweetness and these Cranberry Honey Butter Dinner Rolls are exactly that.
Make these on Thanksgiving morning if you’re an up-and-atom kinda person or just make them the day before and store them in a sealed ziplock bag for freshness. These will also make the perfect slider size leftover turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving because leftovers are just as much a thing as Thanksgiving dinner.
Making these cranberry dinner rolls is really quite easy time being the only thing you have to keep an eye on. Anytime you bas with yeast, there ca be lots of factors that might change the rising time of the dough. Temperature and humidity play a huge part in baking so the hotter your space, the quicker your dinner rolls will rise.
Don’t let them rise too much though. Bread dough reaches a certain rise peak and then it’ll begin to collapse on itself, this is called over-proofing the dough. This dough is quite tough though but watch it for signs of collapsing before the dough can’t be saved.
More Tips For Baking The Best Dinner Rolls.
When placing them on the pan make sure they are close together. As they rise they’ll nestle against each other helping them to rise up instead of out and being flatter.
The bottoms of the dinner rolls should be golden brown when done.
You can turn on your oven and preheat it to 250 degrees, then turn it of and use it as a warming box to help your dough rise.
Check out these other bread and roll recipes that I think you’ll love!
- The Best Rosemary Focaccia Bread
- Homemade Ciabatta Rolls
- Easy Garlic Naan Bread
- Olive and Artichoke Focaccia Bread
Cranberry Honey Butter Dinner Rolls
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 envelope quick rise dry yeast
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- In a large bowl combine the warm water and yeast. Mix until the yeast has dissolved.
- Add the honey and beaten egg and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Add the flour and cranberries and mix with a dough hook attachment for about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a clean bowl greased with a thin film of olive oil.
Let the dough rise until doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and divide into 12 even sized pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place onto your prepared sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cover the rolls with a clean towel and let rise for anoth 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bale int oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom of the rolls.