These brownies might be the best you’ll ever taste! Soft in the middle and topped with your favorite dark chocolate frosting, and don’t forget to sprinkle some sea salt on top!
Whenever I need a brownie, they have to pass my two-step confirmation process, (yes I like brownies that much). Number one, they must have a good rich chocolate taste and number two, they have to be soft, almost under-baked a little. These chocolate fudge brownies check both of those boxes thankfully. An added bonus is, they’re easy and quick to make and just as quick to disappear.
FAQ’s about making chocolate fudge brownies
If you’re looking for a fudge brownie, more fat is required so butter and even chocolate should be increased. More flour will produce a cake-like brownie and more dry than a regular brownie.
I highly recommend splurging a bit on the chocolate, It makes a huge difference. The cheaper chocolate chips have extra ingredients to prolong their shelf life, but which prevent them from melting into a smooth and glossy chocolate. My favorites are Guittard Chocolate or Scharffen Berger.
It should be thick and take a few seconds to fall from your spoon.
They will firm up a bit but it’s no compensation for under-cooked brownies. They have to be firm but soft.
some more brownie recipes
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 1 8 square package of Bakers semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 16oz container of dark chocolate frosting, or your favorite homemade one
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a 13×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a pan over a low heat, stirring continually.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar and add the vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the flour and fold through the batter until smooth and no lumps appear.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, then let cool until ready for frosting.
- Spread the frosting over the brownies, sprinkle with sea salt and slice into squares.