Cheesy egg and sausage croissant muffins are great for breakfast, and they’re so easy to make too!
This post is sponsored by Cabot Cheese and Dairy.
I just took breakfast from here to way up there, as a visual that would mean from waist height to way up in the sky. These super cheesy eggs and sausage croissant muffins are really tasty, easy to make and can be snuck into lunch boxes.
Or make a batch and just grab one from the fridge, a quick 20 seconds in the microwave and you’re back to melted cheese land, a place we all dream of, right?
Cheese with sausage/bacon/ham is always a good thing, I’ve never been disappointed with that combo whether it’s in a burger, on a pizza or in a giant breakfast burrito.
So when Cabot sent me some of there new shredded cheese flavors, I knew I was heading for a melty breakfast of some sort! And with more than a dozen varieties to choose from, you won’t be stuck for ideas on what to make! I used the bacon cheddar but really any variety of Cabot shreds would work.
There’s even a mac and cheese version and a fiery jack flavor! Seriously, how good do those sound?
Cabot runs as a co-op so you can be sure that the product you receive is top quality and coming straight from the farmer and the community.
Cabot takes dairy seriously so whether it’s dips, yogurt or cheese they all start with the best milk from the best cows! And because the farmers are actually the owners, they’re committed to giving you the best product from beginning to end. It’s a total win-win situation.
With Mother’s Day coming, these would be perfect to serve up to mom as she wakes up on a sleepy Sunday morning.
I’m talking to the dad’s out there, get your kids involved because did I mention how easy these egg and sausage croissant muffins are to make?
Serve them warm with a cup of fresh coffee or for that special occasion, maybe a pomegranate mimosa.
Let me know if you make these egg and cheese croissant muffins and as always, tag me @foodnessgracious on social media!
Cheesy Egg and Sausage Croissant Muffins
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp rosemary chopped finely
- 4 mini croissants cut into cubes about 4 cups
- 6 small breakfast sausages
- 1 cup Cabot Bacon Cheddar Shreds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl whisk to combine the egg, milk, cream, rosemary, salt, and pepper.Set aside.
- Chop the mini croissants into small cubes. Add to a mixing bowl
- Cook the sausages and then roughly chop them into small pieces and add to the croissant pieces
- Add the Cabot shredded cheese to the croissants.
- Pour the egg mixture over the croissant and contents in the bowl.
- Using clean hands mix everything together making sure the croissants soak up all of the liquid.
- Fill each muffin spot with some of the mixture, about 1 inch over the top of the pan.
- Add a little more cheese to the top before baking.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes and golden brown.
- The cups will sink a little as they cool but that is okay.
- Serve at once or reheat any leftovers for about 20 seconds in a microwave.