Some things in life just go together, and corn on the cob and butter are two of them. For this recipe, I used LAND O LAKES® Butter with Canola Oil Spread and here’s why- LAND O LAKES® Butter with Canola Oil has 3 ingredients. That’s not a typo — it really is only 3. Sweet cream, canola oil and salt. In an age where people are trying to source products containing fewer ingredients and, more importantly, ingredients that they can actually pronounce, this butter with canola oil is perfect! If you take a look at some competitors butter spreads, they can contain up to 15 ingredients, not exactly what I want to spread on my corn. Use LAND O LAKES® Butter with Canola Oil spread right from the fridge and you won’t end up with ripped slices of bread or chunks of it falling off warm ears of corn. It’ll just melt all over and get into every kernel, eventually dripping down your chin. What could be more delicious!
Chimichurri sauce is perfect on any grilled meat but it also works great on this corn. Packed with cilantro and garlic the flavor is amazing! I grated some fresh Parmesan cheese over the hot corn and finished the recipe by adding a dollop of LAND O LAKES® Butter with Canola Oil which melted all over the corn. This is a great side dish for summertime and the LAND O LAKES® Butter with Canola Oil makes the corn so moist and juicy! You could have a chance to win a $100 Visa® gift card by commenting on this post. Think of how much corn you could buy with that! All you have to do is leave a comment telling me what favorite recipe you would enhance by topping it with LAND O LAKES® Butter with Canola Oil.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/4 -10/4/2014.
Be sure to visit the LAND O LAKES® Butter with Canola Oil brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Buttery Sweet Corn with Chimichurri
- 4 ears of yellow corn outer skin peeled and discarded
- Sea Salt and Black pepper
- 2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a pot large enough to hold the corn.
- Once the water is at a rolling boil, add the corn and boil for about 15 minutes or until the kernels feel tender.
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, garlic and red wine vinegar. Pulse for about 2 minutes and scrape down.
- Slowly add the olive oil while the machine is running on low speed.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once the corn is ready season with salt and pepper and brush the chimichurri over it.
- Spread each corn with LAND O LAKES Butter with Canola Oil and serve at once.