Cheesy Breakfast Enchiladas packed with sausage, egg and crispy hash browns. These are so good they can be eaten for lunch and dinner too!
This post is sponsored by Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs.
Mexican recipes are freaking delicious, right? Good, I’m so glad we agree! But when you introduce breakfast to the menu, specifically enchiladas, it feels like I just threw three bullseyes in a row.
Sausage and egg are the two staple items that I will always order if I eat breakfast at a restaurant, with a side of toast and boom…I just made an awesome sandwich. Adding the sausage and egg along with some crispy hash browns to a rolled up freshly made tortilla and drowning it in a semi-spicy green enchilada sauce just makes everything seem so much better! And the cheese, that melted, gooey goodness is key in the enchilada and also on top.
I swear you need to stop with the chicken and beef enchiladas and start making breakfast enchiladas. And the best part is that you don’t even need to eat these for breakfast. We had them for dinner and then I had some leftovers for breakfast the next morning.
I know, how did I happen to have leftovers?
So how easy are these to make? Really easy! Take some of your favorite breakfast sausage and some Pete and Gerry’s Organic Free Range Eggs and cook them in a pan. Pete and Gerry’s is family-owned and their eggs come from over sixty, small family farms that meet their high-quality standards and produce an egg worthy of carrying the Pete and Gerry’s Organics name.
They keep things super simple and don’t use any antibiotics, pesticides, or animal byproducts. They just try to get their eggs from the farms to your fridge as fast as possible with minimal fuss, so that you can create amazing recipes…like breakfast enchiladas!
I can’t wait to make these again, they’d be an awesome brunch dish and the green sauce can easily be switched to red if you prefer.
Breakfast Enchiladas With Sausage Egg And Hash Browns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 ounces breakfast sausages, cooked and roughly chopped
- 6 Pete and Gerry's Organic Eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- 3 cups prepared cooked hash browns
- 8 ounces extra sharp white cheddar, grated
- 5-6 10 inch flour tortillas
- 1 28oz can green enchilada sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and add the sausage, cook until hot.
- Add the beaten eggs and gently fold through with the sausages until the egg starts to become firm.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Lay one tortilla on your cutting board and spoon about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture onto the center of the tortilla.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the hash browns and some grated cheddar.
- Start at the end of the tortilla closest to you and begin to tightly roll into a long tube.
- Transfer the enchilada to a lightly buttered or greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Repeat the process until all of the fillings have been used, making sure to save some cheese to sprinkle over the top of the enchiladas.
- Once the pan is full, pour the sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling around the edges of the enchiladas.
- Garnish with some green onion (optional)