Rock your summer yard parties with this tasty blended Blood Orange Margarita and Rosemary! So easy to make and even easier to drink.
I think every weekend should begin with a blood orange margarita!
I’m still making blood orange recipes and there’s no sign of me slowing down anytime soon.
I mean, how can I when I look back at how awesome this blood orange pie was, or how many slices of this blood orange loaf cake I ate?
There’s something about the color of the orange when you slice it open that makes me just want to keep creating things with it. Here’s a super simple one for you and with summer around the corner (sorry east coast snow friends) a blood orange margarita sounds like exactly what you need for swinging in your hammock.
I don’t have a hammock and I’m not very good at navigating them if I spot one on vacation. It’s like trying to get up on a floatie when you’re in the pool, right? I try to act like I’m a professional hammock-er but usually fall on my ass.
I am pretty sweet though at working a blender.
I don’t drink many margaritas but usually if I taste my wife’s I’ll always regret not ordering one, especially those jalapeño versions, adore!
This one isn’t spicy but it does taste pretty darn amazing with the tart blood orange juice and perfume of the rosemary.
Now I want to go buy a hammock and sup these margies all day long.
Blood Orange Margarita with Rosemary
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 6 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp triple sec
- 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Using a small wedge of your blood orange, wet the rim of two low glass tumblers and dip into some margarita salt.
- In a blender combine the tequila, lime juice, triple sec, orange juice, rosemary and ice.
- Blend on high speed for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour the margarita mix into two glasses. Add aa orange slice and a sprig of rosemary for garnish and serve at once.
That color is just stunning, these are exactly what my weekend needs! :)