Ultra-chocolatey, fudgy brownie bites are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat. Starting with a batter that’s super easy to whip up, these bites bake up quickly for an irresistible mini dessert that everyone will love. Soft, chewy and loaded with chocolate, these grab-and-go bites are a delightful little indulgence. From peanut butter to pumpkin to salted caramel, I’ve never met a brownie I didn’t like. I adapted my favorite classic brownie recipe into a bite-sized version that’s every bit as delicious. You can have these prepped, baked and ready to eat in under 30 minutes. Or bake them the night before so you’ll have a batch of irresistible brownie bites on hand for the whole family to enjoy.
INGREDIENTS FOR BROWNIE BITESFlour: All-purpose flour works great for this recipe. Butter: This recipe calls for unsalted butter. It’s melted, so you don’t need to soften it on the counter before using. Cocoa powder: Check the label to see that it’s 100 percent cocoa with nothing added. Chocolate: Go for good quality chocolate with at least 63% cacoa (see below). Eggs: I use large eggs, and leave them on the counter for 30 minutes to an hour to come to room temperature before using in the recipe. Sugar: This recipe calls for both white and brown sugar. Whisk through the mixture if you see any lumps. Vanilla: Don’t go with imitation here. Make sure to use real vanilla extract.
WHAT KIND OF CHOCOLATE TO USEI prefer to eat chocolate around 63%-72%. Anything more than that and it’s a little bitter for my taste. I also like to use either Ghirardelli or Guittard chocolate.
MELTING THE BUTTER AND CHOCOLATEThe best way to accomplish this is by using the double boiler method. This is the most gentle and less likely to burn the chocolate which can be temperamental when it needs to be melted. Find yourself a small pot and a heatproof bowl that will sit in the pot but not all the way inside if that makes sense. You only need the bowl to rest on the surface so a slightly bigger bowl than the size of your pot is what you’re looking for. Fill the pot with about 2-3 inches of water and bring it to a simmer. Place the butter and chocolate in the bowl and place on top of the pot. The rising steam from the water will melt the ingredients. For the microwave method, cut the butter and chocolate into approximately equal-sized pieces. Put the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals until melted.
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIE BITES
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with lots of butter, non-stick spray or line with muffin cups.
- Melt the butter and chocolate (see method above) and set aside to slightly cool.
- Add the white and brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in the flour and cocoa powder, incorporating them without over mixing.
- Pour the batter or scoop it with a Tablespoon into your prepared mini muffin pan. Don’t overfill the mini muffin cups. About 2/3 of the way full is just right.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool before taking brownie bites out of the pan.
- When cool drizzle with extra melted chocolate.
HOW TO REMOVE BROWNIE BITES FROM PAN· It’s important to use a high-quality non-stick mini muffin pan. · Spray the pan with non-stick baking spray (for extra protection, use a spray that contains flour), or butter the cups with lots of butter. You can always use mini muffin liners. · Let the brownie bites cool completely before removing them. · Use a plastic knife as leverage on the side to release if they don’t come out easily.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BROWNIE BITES
- Powdered sugar
- Ganache drizzle
- Chocolate frosting
- Peanut butter frosting
- Cream cheese frosting
- Whipped cream
- Salted caramel sauce
- Ice cream
- Brownie bite sundae- ice cream, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, chocolate and/or peanut butter chips, chopped nuts and a cherry
HOW TO STORE BROWNIE BITESBrownie bites taste best when stored at room temperature in an airtight container. They’ll stay soft, chewy and fresh for up to 3 days. You can store them in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container, but they may start to dry out compared with brownies stored at room temperature.
CAN YOU FREEZE BROWNIE BITES?Yes. Cool the brownie bites completely and place them in an airtight container or resealable freezer bag. If you really want to get technical and keep them from sticking together, you can freeze them individually on a baking sheet for an hour before putting them in a resealable freezer bag. Freeze the brownie bites for up to 3 months. Thaw them overnight in the fridge or on the counter for a few hours before serving. You can microwave frozen brownie bites for about 12-15 seconds to warm.
Here are some other fantastic brownie recipes you might like!Gooey S’mores Brownies Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies Chai Spice Brownies Shortbread Stuffed Brownies
Bite Size Chocolate Brownie Bites
Servings: 24Print Recipe
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 1 2/3 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 lg eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly butter a 24 shape mini muffin pan or spray with a non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and cocoa powder.
- Melt the butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips in a pan over a low heat stiriing constantly until no lumps are left.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add both sugars.
- Whisk until smooth and shiny.
- Add the eggs one at a time whisking until each one is completely mixed into the batter.
- Add the vanila and stir.
- Finally ad the flour mixture and mix carefully until all the flour is mixed through.
- Fill each mini muffin space to just over 2/3 of the way.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or 12 minutes if you prefer your brownies to more cake texture.
- Melt the remaining 2/3 of chocolate chips.
- Once the brownie bites are cool, remove them from the pan and drizzle with the melted chocolate.
The recipe is a quick one and the brownie bites look delicious plus there are so many ways in which you can serve them. And the best part is that they can be stored for 2-3 days without them losing softness.