A creamy and delicious Banana Smoothie loaded with almond butter, dates, chia seeds and flax meal. This is a great way to power up in the morning!
I’ll spare you the intro about resolutions for the new year, I know we probably all have one or two we’d love to see through but baby steps friends…slow and steady wins the race! A smoothie in the morning is an excellent way to kick-start your body into drive and help you make it until lunchtime apart from a few snacks mid-morning.
My wife has been on the smoothie for breakfast idea for a couple of years now and still manages to maintain the 68 pounds she lost. Check out the Strawberry Protein Smoothie she has every day and swears by it!
So what’s in this amazing Banana Smoothie?
Well, bananas of course! And because I already know how epic bananas and peanut butter taste, I had no worries about switching to almond butter. I like the nuttier taste of other nut butter like almond and cashew.
A dollop of low-fat vanilla yogurt along with some dates for a touch of sweetness, flax meal, and chia seeds and you have the perfect way to start the day.
Six reasons to have a smoothie for breakfast!
- Go heavy on the protein and you can skip those mid-morning munchies.
- You can make a smoothie in less than two minutes.
- Smoothies are easy to drink on the go. Convenience is key.
- Smoothies are really hard to mess up and lots of fun to experiment with. As long as you have a frozen fruit and yogurt as your base, knock yourself out!
- Easier digestion- your blender will make light work of breaking things down so your body doesn’t have to.
Let me know if you have a favorite breakfast go-to or if you have a smoothie you swear by!
A creamy banana smoothie with almond butter!
- 3 dates with pits removed
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 10 oz bag frozen banana
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp flax meal
- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk
Place all of the ingredients in a high powered blender and mix until you reach a smoothie consistency.
Pour into a tall glass or to-go container and enjoy.