Gooey Baked Brie wrapped in puff pastry and covered in honey, nuts, and bacon! If you don’t make this you might be just plain crazy!
I promise, and I never make a promise unless I can keep it (just ask my kids) that if you make this Baked Brie you might have to be pulled away from the plate. It’s that good.
I thought this Brie recipe from way back, which is cooked in a hollowed out sourdough bread bowl couldn’t be topped, but I think it comes down to if you’re a pastry or bread kinda person. Me…I’m both, how could I ever choose one over the other?
Let’s drool and slobber over what’s on top of this baked brie in pastry, shall we? Okay here goes, It’s a combination of macadamias, pistachios, almonds and peanuts, fresh rosemary, honey and chopped bacon bits. It’s like a sweet and salty flavor super highway to the valley of awesome things to eat.
After you bake the pastry to a deep golden brown color and slice into it, you’ll see a river of melted brie cheese just slowly ooze out. This would be the ideal time to swoop in with a slice of grilled bread and grab some of that deliciousness.Crackers, bread sticks, roasted veggies and pretzels are all fair game to use for dipping. Fingers might also be added to the list, it just depends on the company you’re keeping at cheese time.
Tips to make serious Baked Brie-
- Don’t stress about making it look too pretty, as long as it’s sealed you’re good to go.
- Try and use a good Brie. Look for an extra creamy wheel of either a double cream or triple cream.
- Brie likes to be sweet and usually loves any kind of jelly or jam on top.
- Eat the rind! Did I mention, eat the rind?
Baked Brie In Puff Pastry With Honey Nuts And Bacon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 slices bacon, chopped into dice
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 8 oz wheel of brie
- 1 whole beaten egg
- honey to finish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the nuts and brown sugar to a pan and cook gently until the sugar has become a liquid, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan cook the diced bacon until almost crispy, Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Roll out the pastry sheet so that it's wide enough to completely cover the Brie.
- Place the Brie on the middle of the pastry and pull up each corner to the center of the Brie making sure you can't see any cheese.
- Turn the pastry cover wheel over and gently press down on it making sure it sits flat on the pan.
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes and the pastry has turned golden brown on the top and bottom.
- In a bowl combine the mixed nuts, chopped rosemary and chopped bacon.
- Place the baked brie on a large serving dish and top with the nut mixture.
- Drizzle generously with honey all over the baked brie and the nuts.
- Serve with grilled bread, crackers, apple slices or pretzels.