It’s been swell seeing monstrous displays of avocados every time I walk in a grocery store. Long may it last but I know by fall, the displays will shrink and I’ll have to make do with the smaller fruit. The California avocado season will be complete and I’ll be sad.
But until then I can still make crazy easy recipes like this one. Sliced creamy avocado with a runny egg on top and seasoned with some salt, black pepper and fresh thyme from the garden. I couldn’t resist the Sriracha squiggle because this completes my perfect breakfast, well almost. All that’s missing is a slice of ultra-seeded toast. Lately I’ve been waking up to Dave’s Killer Bread. It’s packed with all kinds of crunchiness and although it can be a tad pricier than regular bread, the taste makes it worth it. Check out their history, it’s a really cool story.
More avocado deliciousness-
Avocado Toast 5 ways, only I wouldn’t share.
Who needs plates when you can bake the egg inside the avocado, yay for no clean up!
So if I had to share, it’d have to be this amazing Avocado Breakfast Casserole!
This avocado face mask is amazing! Though I think I’d stand in front of the mirror trying to lick myself.
Avocado and Egg with Fresh Thyme
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Hot sauce optional
- Slice the avocado and lay it shingled on a plate.
- Heat a small non stick pan over a medium flame and add the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot crack the egg into the pan.
- Cook the egg until the white is firm and the yolk is still soft but not wobbly. You can cook it longer if you prefer your eggs firmer.
- Lay the egg on top of the avocado and season with the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the thyme over the egg.
- Add the hot sauce if desired and serve at once as is or with some really good toasted bread.