White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Give me white chocolate over a dark bittersweet any day. (Peanut gallery enters and heckles me for calling it “chocolate.”) The fact that it consists mainly of cocoa butter just makes me love it even more. Say cocoa butter slowly and then say chocolate…see, it just sounds sexier!
Whoever first introduced white chocolate and macadamia nuts to each other deserves an Oscar. Add lots of butter and brown sugar and watch how perfection is created in the cookie world. But there was another reason I made these other than pure love for the ingredients, I’m off to Hawaii for two weeks with my little guy and I plan to carry the Island theme through my posts until I get back. We’ll see how this goes; I’ll be out of my zone kind of, but that might make it even more fun and challenging! Expect to see bajillions of Instagram pictures and incorrectly spelled Hawaiian tweets.
I’ll be on the island of Oahu so if anyone has recommendations of places to visit or foods to try, hit me with some ideas in the comments.
Mahalo nui loa…
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or 9 ounces chopped bar chocolate
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, scarping the bowl down at least once.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate and nuts and gently mix through the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop, pick up enough dough to form a rough shaped ball.
- Place them on the cookie tray about an inch apart.
- Once the tray is full, place it in the oven, baking them for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before eating.
- Store covered at room temperature.